The Best Wild Blueberry Pumpkin Muffins in the World, Ever
These are honestly the best muffins you'll ever have. They are pretty healthy, too! You can half the sugar if you like. As is, they have around 100 calories per muffin, mostly from the coconut oil and sugar. They are super easy to make. Each batch is 24 muffins.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp cardamom
- 2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs or 3 medium
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Mixture:
- 1 package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups Frozen Wild Blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine cream cheese mixture ingredients, (cream cheese, vanilla, and maple syrup), blend with a mixer, cover, and chill in the fridge. You can do this the night before.
3. In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients (flour, sugars, baking soda, cinnamon, and cardamom) and mix with a whisk
4. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract) and mix well with a whisk
5. Make a pit in the center of the dry ingredients bowl, and pour in the wet ingredients. Using a large spatula, fold the mixture over in an upwards direction until all of the dry ingredients are just mixed with the wet.
6. Fold in the frozen wild blueberries, not too much stirring or else the batter will turn greenish when they start to melt.
7. Run a paper towel with coconut oil over the top of two 12 cup muffin tins to keep them nonstick in case of any spillover. Don't put any oil in the cups. Line each cup with a muffin paper.
8. Add a standard ice cream scoop amount of batter to each cup (approximately 1.5 tablespoons)
9. Add a dollop of cream cheese mixture on top of the batter. Approximately 1-2 teaspoons. Press down slightly
10. Add another teaspoon and a half of batter on top of each muffin to cover the cream cheese. It doesn't have to be exact or all covered.
11. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
12. Cool before destroying these awesome muffins. Store in the fridge, or they can be frozen. They heat well in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Modified by Doe Zantamata from an original recipe at Sally's Baking Addiction
I am happy to read this blog. Very Enlightening and awesome conversational tone. Inbody 570 in CTReplyDelete